So, you’ve just bought a new home in Farmington Hills and everything about it is beautiful. It has everything you’ve ever wanted in a home. A huge cherry blossom tree in your front yard, the trim around your windows, the white brick fireplace, the finished basement, the masonry chimney, the fluorescent lighting around your deck. Everything that makes your dream home perfect is displayed right before your very own eyes. But, something is missing–and you know it. What could it be?
Adding a trellis, pergola, or columns would make a great addition to your backyard. Not only are they versatile, but they add a certain elegance to your yard and home. They provide shade, privacy, and add to the value of your home. We give out custom quotes to many homeowners in places like Novi, Brighton, and Farmington Hills!
If you need a few more reasons why a trellis and/or pergola would be an excellent addition to your home, we can think of a few!
Trellis fences are very popular features in many gardens. The fence is actually made up of a lattice architectural framework that consists of either wood, metal or vinyl. Trellis can be installed independently, with help of cement, or attached to something already in place. This type of fence provides a simple, yet chic look to your garden and yard. Some advantages of having a trellis are:
- It’s affordable
- It’s super easy to install
- It provides a strong support system to your garden
- It can be used for many exterior projects
- It can be used to divide your garden into sections, thus creating diversity
- It creates an aesthetic appeal to your garden
- It can be used to hide the imperfections of your garden
- It can be used as a privacy screen/wall
- It allows some shade to your plants and flowers
Pergolas are crafted with beams and support posts to help break up the sunlight of spring or summer. With its airy feel to it, they provide an inviting space which allows for people to relax, dine or admire the view. Pergolas can also be decorated with fabric or hanging planters to give it a “pop”. A few advantages of pergolas are:
- It is good for creating shade
- It gives off an aesthetic appeal
- It helps create a visual interest in a minimalistic backyard
- It is inexpensive
- It can be used as a DIY project
- It lends support to and is perfect for climbing roses and growing vines
- It defines spaces
- It is much larger than arbors
- It is generally freestanding, but can be attached to another building
Get Your Trellis or Pergola Installed Today!
If you are currently looking for a company to install your trellis or pergola in the Brighton, Novi or Farmington Hills area, please do not hesitate to contact Miles Bradley. We would be honored to help make your dream home that much more elegant. We’ll even give you a free quote so you can plan!